What the Heck is Deliberate Thinking?
When you embrace the Cycle of Deliberate Thinking, you can live the fulfilling life you were meant to live! If you’re ready to Stop Settling for a good life and Start Living a great life, this post is for you.
If you’re not familiar with the term Deliberate Thinking, maybe you’re familiar with the term Intentional Living. Intentional living is a buzzword being kicked around quite a bit in the personal development world. According to Wikipedia:
Intentional living is any lifestyle based on an individual or group’s conscious attempts to live according to their values and beliefs.
I call my intentional living lifestyle Deliberate Thinking, and my mission is to grow a community of Deliberate Thinkers. With that goal in mind, I created The Cycle of Deliberate Thinking.
The Cycle of Deliberate Thinking consists of 5 interrelated components.
Keep scrolling to learn a little about each component.
The 5 Interrelated Components of the
Cycle of Deliberate Thinking
As depicted in the graphic above, there is no beginning or end to The Cycle. No one component is more important than another.
- Stay Curious! – means that you want to understand yourself, others, and the world around you.
- Personify Core Values – means that you have not only identified your values, you are living them. (If you haven’t identified your core values yet, check out the link below.)
- Examine Expectations – means that you decide which expectations (or limiting beliefs) you are willing and unwilling to live by.
- Execute with Intention – means that you don’t just sit and think about what you want out of life, you take action.
- Respect Other Points of View – means that you accept the fact that your point of view is not always right and that there isn’t always a right and wrong answer to everything.
As the title of this post suggests, that’s a “quick introduction” to The Cycle. If you want to Stay Curious! and learn more about The Cycle and the power of intentional living, check out my full length post: A Practical Introduction to the Power of Intentional Living
Click here for more posts with a “Deliberate Thinking” theme.
If you’re ready to Stop Settling & Start Living! check out our home page to learn more about what The Expectation Gaps has to offer.
And until next time . . . have a DELIBERATE day!
Want to Name Your Core Values?
Not Sure Where to Start?
I would love to help you!
All you need to do is answer 5 questions, and I’ll let you know what I think your values are. We’ll communicate with each other until we get it right!
How does that sound? Don’t overthink it; just do it. What do you have to lose?
HOW THE EXPECTATION GAPS WORKS
You’re Fed Up With Mediocrity & Want to Make an Impact
You’re frustrated…overwhelmed…”crazy busy”…burned out…unfulfilled…
I'VE BEEN THERE!
I’ve been focused on becoming a Deliberate Thinker for ~10 years.
I want to help you with your journey by sharing mine.