Do You Hate Ads?
Do Something About It
When you’re watching funny cat videos or people acting like fools on TikTok, you probably don’t hate ads. You probably don’t mind one popping up here or there.
But what about when you’re trying to become a Deliberate Thinker? When you’re knee-deep in some life-changing content that you know is going to help you shift your mindset and all of a sudden an advertisement pops up. An advertisement that probably has absolutely nothing to do with the content you’re consuming. That’s when I hate ads!
Or, when I’m getting ready to watch a meditation or yoga video, but I have to watch a loud, intrusive ad first. That really puts me in the right frame of mind — to hate ads.
How about you? When do you hate ads? Do you wish you could get the content you want without having your attention stolen at every turn? Well, you can!
How? By supporting ad-free content. I’m a huge proponent of independent, ad-free content. (Think Patreon, Bandcamp, etc.) In fact, I wish more of the content creators I enjoy would switch to a subscription-based format because I would love to directly support them with my dollars.
But why? What’s in it for you when you support independent, ad-free content creators?
- You’ll receive high-quality content. Creators of ad-free content can focus their attention solely on their audiences, rather than on advertisers. In fact, they have to. If they don’t keep their audiences happy, they’re out of business. They don’t have the option of using click bait to drive up their page views, and, in turn, their ad revenue.
- You’ll conserve two of your most valuable assets — your time and attention. There’s an unlimited amount of “free” content on the internet, but this “free” content probably includes a minimum of five advertisements. You pay for this content by dividing your time and attention between these ads and the content you’re trying to enjoy. This attention grabbing puts added stress on your brain and can cause increased levels of anxiety. So, yes, you are definitely paying a price.
Keep scrolling for the 3rd thing that’s in it for you.
The 3rd Thing That's In It For You
#3 – It will just make you feel good. It feels good to know that you are directly supporting someone who is realizing their full potential. Not only that, these creators might just inspire you to take a leap of faith and find your own potential!
If you found value in this post, you might also enjoy these two — both include FREE worksheets to help you go from inspiration to action:
Click here for more posts with a “ditch mediocrity” theme.
If you’re ready to Stop Settling & Start Living! check out our home page to learn more about what The Expectation Gaps has to offer.
And until next time . . . have a HIGH-QUALITY day!
Take a screenshot to easily access the 3 things you have to gain by supporting ad-free content:
- You’ll receive high-quality content.
- You’ll conserve two of your most valuable assets — your time and attention.
- It will just make you feel good.
HOW THE EXPECTATION GAPS WORKS
You’re Fed Up With Mediocrity & Want to Make an Impact
You’re frustrated…overwhelmed…”crazy busy”…burned out…unfulfilled…
I'VE BEEN THERE!
I’ve been focused on becoming a Deliberate Thinker for ~10 years.
I want to help you with your journey by sharing mine.
Sources & Inspiration