Reclaim Your Self-Worth &
Focus on Your Needs
How often do you take on burdens that aren’t yours to carry? How often do you measure your self-worth based on how well you carry out these responsibilities? And, how often do you find yourself ignoring your own needs because you’re too focused on meeting the needs of others?
Too often, right? If you want to change your answers to these questions so that you can reclaim your self-worth and focus on your needs, it’s time to identify the “things” you are actually responsible for.
In doing so, you will be working toward meeting your Esteem needs (as Abraham Maslow would call them) — self-esteem, dignity, independence, and respect. And once you meet these needs, you will be well on your way to living the fulfilling life you were meant to live.
How do you identify the “things” you are responsible for? Let’s start by taking a look at what some of the experts have to say about personal responsibility.
Keep scrolling for the 5 tips.
5 Tips for Identifying Your Responsibilities &
Reclaiming Your Self-Worth
You can reclaim your self-worth, and focus on your needs, by reminding yourself what your responsibility to yourself and others is. According to these experts, your responsibility is:
- Your state of consciousness, i.e. your awareness of yourself and your environment at any one moment in time. — Eckhart Tolle, spiritual teacher
- To pick up the heaviest thing you can and carry it. — Dr. Jordan B. Peterson, clinical psychologist and professor
- To be at one with with yourself, with others, and with the present moment. — J. Krishnamurti, philosopher
- All the things you are, and all the things you are not. — Sadhguru, yogi
- To make the most of the opportunities that are put in front of you. — Olivia D’Silva, life purpose coach
Clear as mud? This is just a quick introduction to these concepts. If you’d like a more in-depth explanation of each one, be sure to check out the essay that inspired this post: Are You Taking Responsibility When You Don’t Need To?
If you found value in this post, please consider supporting us by “buying me a coffee” on Ko-Fi:
Your support will help us remain ad-free and help us support mental health awareness. Click here to learn more about our mission and how you can Stop Settling & Start Living!
You might also enjoy these essays:
Click here for more posts with a “personal growth” theme.
And until next time . . . have a NEED-MEETING day!
Take a screenshot to easily access the 5 tips for identifying your responsibilities and reclaiming your self-worth:
Your responsibility is:
- Your state of consciousness.
- To pick up the heaviest thing you can and carry it.
- To be at one with yourself, with others, and with the present moment.
- All the things you are, and all the things you are not.
- To make the most of the opportunities that are put in front of you.
HOW THE EXPECTATION GAPS WORKS
You’re Fed Up With Mediocrity & Want to Make an Impact
You’re frustrated…overwhelmed…”crazy busy”…burned out…unfulfilled…
I'VE BEEN THERE!
I’ve been focused on becoming a Deliberate Thinker for ~10 years.
I want to help you with your journey by sharing mine.
Sources & Inspiration