How to Organize Your Thoughts &
Unlock Your Productivity
Do your brilliant ideas seem to leave your head as quickly as they came? They never get captured on paper. So of course they never see the light of day. All because you don’t know how to organize your thoughts.
Great! I had the same problem until I discovered a trick that can help you capture those thoughts and unlock your productivity.
When did I stumble across this elusive 3-step system to organize your thoughts? When I was in the shower of course. That’s when I seem to have 90% of my brilliant ideas. But, I didn’t always take the time to capture and organize these thoughts. Plus, by the time I made it to my desk, I had lost most of them.
So, one day when I was in the shower (of course), I came up with these 3 steps to organize your thoughts and unlock your productivity:
- Jot your ideas down ASAP. Notice when you seem to have most of your brilliant ideas, and make sure you have a notebook (paper or digital) handy at those times. For me, I started keeping a notebook in my closet, which is right next to my shower. This way I can jot my ideas down as soon as I get out.
- Review your notes for the week thus far. Every day, after you jot your ideas down, look through all the ideas you have captured for the week. Decide if there are any you want to act on today, and, if so, move them to your daily schedule. If not, move on with your day.
Keep scrolling for step #3.
Step #3 to Organize Your Thoughts
Step #3 – Organize your thoughts. At the end of the week, you’ll go through all of the ideas you’ve jotted down and organize them into 3 buckets — (1) move to your schedule for the next week, (2) carryover to an “archived” section of your notebook to be reviewed later, or (3) leave them where they are because you no longer want to act on that idea.
That’s it! Simple, right? So why not give it a try tomorrow? And let me know how it worked or what else works better for you!
If you found value in this post, you might also enjoy the following posts; all include a FREE worksheet to help you go from inspiration to action:
Click here for more posts with a “life hacks” theme.
If you’re ready to Stop Settling & Start Living! check out our home page to learn more about what The Expectation Gaps has to offer.
And until next time . . . have a PRODUCTIVE day!
Take a screenshot to easily access these steps to organize your thoughts later:
- Jot your ideas down ASAP.
- Keep a running weekly list of ideas, and review it daily. If there’s something you want to act on today, add it to your daily schedule.
- On a weekly basis, review the list and either: schedule it, save it for later, or trash it.
HOW THE EXPECTATION GAPS WORKS
You’re Fed Up With Mediocrity & Want to Make an Impact
You’re frustrated…overwhelmed…”crazy busy”…burned out…unfulfilled…
I'VE BEEN THERE!
I’ve been focused on becoming a Deliberate Thinker for ~10 years.
I want to help you with your journey by sharing mine.
Sources & Inspiration