Meet Your Authentic Self:
3 Questions You Need to Answer
That’s right! Just answer 3 questions, and your authentic self will magically appear. (To be read with heavy sarcasm, in case it wasn’t obvious 😉) Of course I don’t actually believe that and neither should you.
But, I have identified 3 reasons meeting your authentic self is a tricky business – and – 3 questions you can ask yourself to gain some of the self-awareness that will help you meet your authentic self.
- You are an imitation of the people and society you surround yourself with. We mimic and model other people’s behaviors throughout our whole lives — our parents, family, romantic partners, mentors, co-workers, and on and on. And we actually develop a sense of self by taking on the roles of others. So, to meet your authentic self, the first question you have to ask yourself is: Which of my behaviors and roles feel the most authentic to me?
- You are a collection of constantly changing parts. This is a pretty basic truth, but it’s one that we don’t stop to Deliberately Think about very often. The most obvious changes we experience are those to our physical bodies, but our minds and our circumstances are constantly changing as well. Which is why, to meet your authentic self, the next question you have to ask yourself is: Which part of me remains constant despite all of the parts that change?
Keep scrolling for reason/question #3.
#3 – You have to be willing to make a great sacrifice. As my main man Jordan Peterson once said, “You have to be willing to lose your life in order to find it.” To meet your authentic self, you have to be willing to give up something that you value, maybe even something that you love. You have to give this something up because you know that, if you do, your future will be so much better. To meet your authentic self, you have to ask yourself: What am I willing to sacrifice because it is standing between me and my authentic self?
Answering these questions is no easy task my friends, and that’s why I dedicated a full-length post that delves into the hows and whys on a deeper level. Plus, it includes a FREE worksheet to help you go from inspiration to action. You can find it here:
And, if you found value in this post, you might also enjoy the following posts; both include FREE worksheets to help you go from inspiration to action:
Click here for more posts with a “live fulfilled” theme.
If you’re ready to Stop Settling & Start Living! check out our home page to learn more about what The Expectation Gaps has to offer.
And until next time . . . have an AUTHENTIC day!
Take a screenshot to easily access these 3 questions to meet your authentic self later:
- Which behaviors and roles feel the most authentic to me?
- Which part of me remains constant despite all of the parts that change?
- What am I willing to sacrifice because it is standing in the way of me and my authentic self?
HOW THE EXPECTATION GAPS WORKS
You’re Fed Up With Mediocrity & Want to Make an Impact
You’re frustrated…overwhelmed…”crazy busy”…burned out…unfulfilled…
I'VE BEEN THERE!
I’ve been focused on becoming a Deliberate Thinker for ~10 years.
I want to help you with your journey by sharing mine.
Sources & Inspiration